As research and development have provided veterinary medicine with advanced medical techniques, anesthetics, and medications, and owners have higher expectations for their pets’ health care, the market for pet insurance is increasing.
Wyoming Veterinary Clinic is pleased to introduce our clients to Trupanion, medical insurance for your pet. Trupanion says, “We pay the big stuff, so you and your family can sleep at night. The Trupanion policy picks up 90% of veterinary costs, including hospital stays, diagnostic tests, medications, surgeries, and other treatments when your pet is ill or injured.” While there are other insurance companies to choose from, WVC feels that Trupanion offers outstanding coverage with a deductible you choose ($0 to $1000) and no payout limits. Trupanion will be happy to discuss details with you.
Some of the differences in insurance coverage are:
- Whether congenital and hereditary conditions (like hip dysplasia, heart defects, eye cataracts or diabetes) are covered;
- How the reimbursement is calculated (based on the actual vet bill, a benefit schedule or usual and customary rates);
- Whether the deductible is on a per-incident or an annual basis;
- Whether there are any limits or caps applied (per incident, per year, age or over the pet’s lifetime); and
- Whether there is an annual contract that determines anything diagnosed in the previous year of coverage is considered pre-existing the next year.
Source: Pet Insurance